Do you feel anxious, scared or stressed when you think about visiting the dentist? If so, you are not alone. It is estimated that up to 30% of American adults avoid the dentist due to dental phobia. Dr. Ludden and his dental team understand that these fears are real and that treating these concerns are just as important as treating the teeth with a dental cleaning or checkup.
Contact our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ludden.
Partial dentures can replace several missing teeth, and are secured to your remaining teeth with clasps. There are many different types of partials. Our partial dentures are custom-made using quality materials that look natural and are durable. We ensure that they are the right shape, color and size for a natural look and that the bite (the way your teeth come together) is correct.
Contact our office today to schedule a conultation with Dr. Ludden.
Dental implants are the very best means of replacing lost teeth. These titanium posts are inserted into the jaw, where they fuse with the bone and serve as an anchor for dental restorations such as crowns, bridges, and dentures.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental implants offer a number of advantages that may make them the optimal tooth replacement option for you:
- Multiple Uses - Dental implants can support a single crown, a bridge, or full dentures.
- Comfort - Dental implants feel like a part of your body, just like natural tooth roots.
- Security - Dental implants hold your crown, bridge, or dentures securely in place so you can feel confident when chewing and speaking, knowing your restorations will not shift.
- Permanence - Implants can last a lifetime with proper hygienic care and regular visits with Dr. Norton.
- Oral Health - When you are missing teeth, your jawbone will begin to atrophy (shrink) over time as the body redistributes bone cells to other areas. Dental implants prevent this from happening, because the body actually perceives them as natural tooth roots. This, combined with the stability implants provide, makes them one of the best investments you can make in a compromised smile.
The Implant Procedure
- Before receiving dental implants, you will undergo a personalized consultation with Dr. Ludden. He will examine your periodontal health to determine whether you may be a good candidate for implants and discuss your aesthetic and restorative goals. Patients with small or weakened jaw bones may require bone grafting to create a stable base for implants.
- Placing dental implants usually requires two treatment phases with about three to six months of healing time in between. Non-smokers typically make the best candidates for dental implants,because tobacco use can inhibit the ability of the bones to heal.
Restoring Your Implants
Once your dental implants have healed, Dr. Ludden will create your custom restorations. He can create a crown, bridge, or full denture to restore your implants. Your restorations are carefully matched to a color, shape, and size that fits within the structure of your face and jaw to provide balance, aesthetics, functionality, and comfort.
To find out if dental implants are right for you, contact our office today to schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Ludden. He can help plan your restorative treatment from beginning to end, helping you to achieve a beautiful, functional smile.
Implant-supported dentures are over-dentures fixed to the gums by implants. For patients with an uncomfortable or loose-fitting denture, stabilizing it with implants can be a more comfortable and functional solution.
Implants are placed in the jaw, where they are anchored firmly in the surrounding bone. Attachments are placed in the underside of the denture that connect to the implants. When placed in the mouth, the denture snaps onto the implants, keeping it stable and secure.
What are the benefits of dentures supported by implants?
- People who opt for implant-supported dentures are more confident when they talk, laugh, and eat in public. You'll never have to worry about your false teeth slipping or falling out while you eat or are engaged in conversation.
- Implant-supported dentures are far more comfortable because they are secure and feel like natural teeth. There is also less irritation of gum tissue; patients who have conventional dentures often suffer pain and canker sores.
- Implant-supported dentures look more natural than conventional dentures because less plastic is needed for retention. Wearing implant-supported dentures can also help your appearance in the long term by preventing jaw shrinkage and bone loss.
- Patients with conventional dentures have difficulty with speaking clearly. Slurred speech and clicking noises are common problems. Implant-supported dentures can help you relax and talk easily with a more clear and natural voice.
- Best of all, with implant-supported dentures, there is no need to use denture adhesives.
Contact our office today to schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Ludden.
Veneers are made by creating very thin pieces of durable, tooth-shaped porcelain. In some situations, Dr. Ludden is able to do no preparation (sometimes called no-prep) and minimal preparation veneers. During your consultation with Dr. Ludden, he can determine if you are a candidate for these special types of veneers that are custom made for shape and color.
Reasons for Porcelain Veneers:
Porcelain veneers are a cosmetic treatment that can boost the overall appearance of your smile. With veneers, Dr. Ludden can create a uniform, white, beautiful smile for you quickly and easily. This technique is especially great for correcting more than one imperfection with a single type of procedure. Porcelain veneers can correct the appearance of:
- Crooked and overlapped teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Severely discolored or stained teeth
- Teeth that are too small or large
- Unwanted or uneven spaces
- Worn or chipped teeth
- Teeth with large unattractive fillings
Veneers can completely reshape your teeth and smile. They can often be alternatives to crowns and orthodontics (braces) and can be the ideal solution in treating many cosmetic imperfections. As with all dental restorations, veneers are not permanent and may someday need replacement. They are very durable and will last many years, giving you a beautiful long lasting smile. To learn more about porcelain veneers, contact our office today to schedule a consultation.